Unlike the past, today’s parents are fortunate to have a much broader selection of baby strollers available to them. There are multiple styles from which to choose. Strollers are available in a multitude of colors, and with an assortment of features. Whether you have an infant or toddler, one child or several children, there is a stroller made with you in mind. With all of the choices now available, parents shopping for a baby stroller quickly fall into feature comparisons and overlook one, very important factor: their lifestyles.
Today’s active lifestyles and hectic schedules demand more variety than ever before, and stroller manufacturers have answered the call with a plethora of styles. From the styles of the turn of the century to the modern athletic trend, there are many types of baby strollers:
- traditional baby prams, similar to the bassinet style baby carriage in which you may have, at one time, felt at home;
- modern style strollers which can accommodate from infants through toddlers;
- umbrella and lightweight strollers for convenient trips to the local store;
- jogging strollers to handle the fast pace of the day’s routine run; and
- all-terrain strollers for outdoor recreation and strolling across rough terrains. Best Baby Strollers 2015
Along with each of the many baby stroller types comes a broad selection of features. From wheel size to handlebar height there are many standard features to be considered. There are also may optional, and add-on, features that need to be considered, ranging from storage and snack trays to sunroofs.
Selecting the best baby stroller can be a daunting task. Many parents jump right into the task by gathering data for many of the available baby strollers; by looking at the different styles; and by immediately comparing the long list of features. Some parents even make detailed comparison tables to evaluate the plethora of information. It is certainly necessary to perform adequate research to make the best possible purchase decision; however, most parents do not take into account their lifestyle – overlooking the one critical factor which will significantly influence their long-term satisfaction with their baby stroller.
Before you find yourself getting caught up in the details of stroller features, take the time to think about your lifestyle, your activities, your personal style, and how the stroller needs to fit to your daily activities. Be sure to ask yourself questions such as:
- Will I be using the stroller for a lot of long trips or mostly local outings about town?
- What about taking walks around the neighborhood, at the beach, or in the local park?
- Do I want to continue (or start) physical activities such as running?
- Will we be participating in outdoor recreation activities?
- Which vehicles will be used for transporting the Best Infant Stroller?
Once you address these questions for yourself, you will be able to focus in on a true apples-to-apples comparison of baby strollers and their features and will be more able to select the best match for your lifestyle and your satisfaction.